TOWN OF VIRDEN
The Town of Virden has an opening for a Landfill Attendant commencing immediately.
This position is in the Public Works Department, although the individual could be required to assist in other departments if necessary. Equipment operation forms a relatively small portion of the varying overall duties, including manual labor.
This position requires an individual that is in good health and capable of carrying out the physical requirements of the job. A valid Class 5 Manitoba driver's license is necessary.
Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operation and routine maintenance of all Town owned equipment at the landfill
- Manual labor as assigned, including routine maintenance of the disposal site
- Supervision of work crews when assigned
- Operation of computerized scale for the weighing in of trucks
- Miscellaneous duties as required, including working in other departments within the Town of Virden
- Weekend, shift work, call outs and on-call duties as required
Current starting wage is $18.02 per hour, with a six month raise to $18.87 and a twelve month raise to $19.17.
This position is generally scheduled for 9:00 am to 6:00 pm, Tuesday to Saturday, but this could vary depending on requirements of the Employer, weather, or other circumstances.
A detailed job description, with wage rate is available at the Town Office.
Please forward resumes, complete with covering letter to:
Chief Administrative Officer
Town of Virden
This position will remain open until filled.