Town of Virden Storefront Improvement Grant
The purpose of the program is to support projects that focus on upgrading business façade improvements within the Town of Virden.
Who can apply
The registered owner or tenant of a business within the Town of Virden. Priority will be given to businesses located within the Revitalization Plan areas.
How it works
The program will contribute up to 50% of total eligible project costs to a maximum of $5,000 per applicant over a 3-year period. Intention of this program is to financially assist property owners in renovations that will in turn encourage beautification, revitalization, and business to stay and grow in our community.
How to apply
Applications must be approved prior to work commencing. Applications are accepted up to 4:30 PM on August 31 and all projects must be completed with final report and receipts by December 15 (may apply for an extension if needed).
SUBMIT APPLICATIONS TO: Town of Virden, Box 310, Virden MB, R0M 2C0
- New/additional exterior lighting, or exterior decorative lighting
- Window replacements
- Installation of new signage, including blade signs or improvements to existing signage
- Façade cleaning and painting (as part of broader works)
- Accessibility improvements (excluding ramps)
- Landscape enhancements (excluding non-permanent fixtures)
- Repair/replacement of cornices, parapets, brick or other exterior architectural features
- Purchase of materials and supplies
- Equipment rentals
- Trade and contractor fees
- Engineering and/or design studies/drawings
- Development and building permits (if required)
Please see Town of Virden Storefront Improvement Grant Policy at link above for full program and application details.
For more information please call the Town Office at (204) 748-2440