Virden Employment Skills Centre
VESC is a non-profit organization dedicated to assisting individuals in meeting employment needs, serving the R.M of Pipestone, R.M. of Sifton, R.M of Wallace-Woodworth, Town of Virden, Elkhorn, Reston, Sinclair, Kenton, & Oak Lake.
VESC helps unemployed Manitobans prepare for, find, and keep jobs by providing a variety of short-term employment-related services, as well as assisting employers in finding potential staff, and posting job ads on behalf of the employer. All services are free of cost.
TOWN OF VIRDEN EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The Town of Virden is accepting applications for the position of Confidential Secretary commencing immediately.
The applicant will be required to perform all clerical duties. The applicant must be able to learn all aspects of the computer systems utilized by the Town, including the accounting software program.
The successful applicant must possess:
- A grade twelve diploma with relevant post-secondary education;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to deal with the public in a positive manner;
- The ability to work co-operatively and independently in a small office setting;
- Knowledge of various computer software systems;
- The ability to respect and promote confidentiality;
- Knowledge of basic bookkeeping is a definite asset
Job descriptions are available at the Virden Town Office.
Detailed resumes marked “Confidential Secretary” will be accepted by:
Faye Pope, Office Manager
Town of Virden
236 Wellington Street West
Box 310, Virden, Manitoba R0M 2C0
Ph: (204) 748-2440 | Fax (204) 748-2501
Applications will be accepted until Friday, December 5, 2023 at 4:00 PM.
TOWN OF VIRDEN
The Town of Virden has an immediate opening for a Utilities Foreman to be part of a working team that ensures the safe and effective monitoring and operation of the Town’s Utilities Department. This position reports directly to the Utilities Manager or in their absence, the Chief Administrative Officer.
- High school diploma or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Must have a valid Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License.
- A Level II certificate in Water Treatment and Level III in Wastewater Treatment, Level II Water Distribution and Wastewater Collection or the ability to obtain in a timely manner.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 5 years experience in the operation of a Water or Wastewater Treatment facility.
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of a Wastewater Collection and a Water Distribution system.
- Experience in scheduling and supervising staff.
- Ability to deal with the general public in a polite and courteous manner.
- Capable of producing and maintaining accurate records, reports and related paperwork.
HOURS OF WORK
8:00 am to 5:00 pm with one hour for lunch, Monday to Friday. This position is required to work weekends on a rotating basis and carry an on-call phone during their week of standby duties. Employees on Standby duties must be able to report to work within a fifteen-minute period.
Starting rate of pay for this position is $31.49 per hour, with an increase to $32.18 after six months, and a 12 month increase to $32.89 per hour.
Please send resumes with a cover letter to:
Rhonda Stewart, CMMA
Chief Administrative Officer
236 Wellington Street West
Virden, MB R0M 2C0
Phone: (204) 748-2440
Fax: (204) 748-2501
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.